Friday 3 June 2011

My discoveries in Munich 2011______

I went to Inhorgenta for the first time in February 2011. I loved Munich!! It was amazing, my boyfriend and I spent £300 in 3 days.....basically all in cakes! :D They were amazing. Anyways, back to business....the galleries in Munich are to die for, it is a design feast for the eyes. I lost count of how many galleries i dragged my bf round. It was exhausting work, hence why we properly ate so many cakes.  


My favourite gallery was Galerie Spektrum. In there I found a Designer called Ruudt PetersHe uses a method of pushing hot wax into very cold water to create these weird and wonderful shapes to cast from.


I loved these pieces and casually asked how much the necklace I had my eye on was....my mistake! I should no better lol so i settled for his book instead.


@ Inhorgenta the designer that stood out to me was Emma Ware . I loved the versatility of her designs and use of materials. I think they would be the types of designs you would see selling out in Topshop and Urban Outfitters Boutique sections. 







No comments:

Post a Comment